Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can not install LPT1 port Error code 10 device won't start?

Got a querky problem. I recently reinstalled Windows 2000 as a fix or repair of the OS over the existing OS. All files were saved. The only thing that did not work properly is the LPT1 port, so I can not print. I have tried looking for the registry keys for this item. I have tried i386 package .ini files in WINN folder. I have also tried the .ini files in system 32 in WINN folder. When I reinstall the driver, the final installation screen says installed a better driver. The LPT1 won't start error code 10 in the properties of LPT1 in Device Manager, and a yellow triangle with an exclamation point beside LPT1 in the DM. The driver installation wizard apparently finds another driver from somewhere and installs it over what is found in either of two folders system 32 or i386 .ini's is my opinion. Can you please help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment